What is powder coating?
Powder coating is a unique surface coating process where a powder material is applied to a metal or aluminum surface using an electrostatic gun. This process is similar to conventional wet painting, but powder coating provides an extremely hard, durable, and uniform finish.
The powder coating process involves five key steps:
1) Product surface is prepared by being sandblasted, stripped and/or solvent cleaned.
2) Surface is treated with a pretreatment chemical to improve the surface.
3) Product goes through a dry-off oven to prevent trapped moisture.
4) Coating material is manually applied to the product with an electrostatic gun.
5) Product is moved to the furnace and will bake to cure the applied coating material.